Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dilliii

Damn! It’s been ages since I’ve posted. It’s due to a sheer lack of time. I’m doing a 2 month Internship in Delhi.

I have to go to office everyday! Honestly, it’s not like I’m doing a lot of work here. But from sleeping half the time (and watching movies the rest of the time) to a 9-5 life is a drastic change!

I’m in love with the city. It’s beautiful. The roads are fantastic (rajdhani after all!), forts, mosques, loads of lush green gardens, there’s an amazing variety in food, the size of buildings are colossal and the there is a mall in almost every nook and corner of the city. I’m still struggling to figure out the place (trust Me. it’s HARD!) I still wonder how they define a sector. For example in the place I live, at one moment your in sector 6, another moment in 10 and sector 11 is also somewhere in the midst of it (not that all this makes a difference anyway!).Another day I and my friend were looking for our MBA coaching centre. We roamed for 15 minutes only to land at the exact junction from where we started searching! : P. Thanks to the Delhi Metro I don’t get lost while going to work. I wonder what would have happened otherwise.

I guess an article on Delhi is incomplete without a word on the Metro. The first time you travel by the Metro you actually stop to think “Are we really in India?!” The system is world class. The stations and trains are fully air conditioned (and surprisingly clean), there are escalators, elevators and lifts at all stations, everything’s automated and it all looks perfect! It’s so exciting to see a system in India that is as flawless as the Delhi Metro!

One thing scares me! Life moves in a fast forward mode. The city’s alive by 5 in the morning! Everywhere you look people are running around. It’s almost like the people don’t have a moment to spare and appreciate the beauty of this lovely city. I’m hoping that I don’t end up like one of these robots at the end of 2 months! : P [just joking...no offence meant Delhiites]

No comments:

Post a Comment